- COVID-19 Update for Chicopee School CustodiansLast Friday the Union met with the Superintendent and assistant Superintendent over concerns that the return to work letter send last Thursday did not have a clear plan of return, nor did it address safety concerns. The following is what UFCW Local 1459, along with all the Union Stewards, Negotiated.-PPE masks will be available at all locations for all returning employees. Unit directors will put out a notice to all employees telling them where they can find PPE.-Administration will begin looking into buying gloves to go with masks.-The return plan to get employees back into the building will be done in a way which limits the number of people in the building at any given time. Schedules will be staggered to limit the numbers in the building.-From those who have for the past 7 weeks remained at home at no loss of wages due to serious health concerns or because they are taking care of a family member, the administration will discuss options for these people. The parties agree that these individuals will not be subject to discipline for remaining home until they have discussed options for continued leave and have time to acquire the proper documentation with Human Resources.-While the return to work order is only for half of an employee’s schedule they will still receive their full pay and benefits.-Any employee who has not been receiving Chicopee emails should inform their director and they will be assisted to ensure they are getting all the notifications.– The parties agree that there needs to be a reasonable amount of time given to employees to return to work should they have legitimate issues they are dealing with. No employee shall be disciplined during the first several days of the call back should they not be able to attend.Chicopee Custodians- When scheduling the return of custodians the Director shall work with the stewards and custodians to bring employees back. While the letter of return to work states the building shall be open for work only from 7am-3:30pm Custodians who have a second shift will not be forced to work in the AM if they can not. The Union has agreed to allow Custodians to temporarily change their schedules if it suits them and accommodates the City’s plans.
- COVID-19 Update for Chicopee Custodian
Next week the Employer will have folks continue to work same hours 8:30am to 1:30pm Tuesday-Wednesday-Friday buildings will be closed Monday-Thursday ( no reductions in pay)
- COVID-19 Update for Chicopee School CustodiansThe Schools will begin staffing buildings from 8:30am to 1:30 pm for Monday- Wednesday- Thursday. They are planing on just having one custodian at each site per day. On Tuesday and Good Friday all buildings will be closed. These reductions in hours will not mean any reduction in pay.
- COVID-19 Update for Chicopee Custodian
The Employer has reduced the hours in half for all custodians except Lambert Lavoie and Streiber because both of these building only have one custodian at this current time. To be fair to these custodians they plan on moving custodians next week to these buildings from the COVID 19 Other Building Coverage signup sheet . They have have allowed custodians with prior notification the flexibility of either working every other day or splitting the eight hour day into two four hour shifts. They are encouraging custodians to volunteer to work in other buildings. This will allow them the flexibility to possibly make more reductions in hours if this becomes necessary with no loss of pay. Those who make the decision to remain at home will, at this time, continue to get paid.
- COVID-19 Update for Chicopee School Custodians
Chicopee Custodians: At this time there shall be no loss of pay for Custodians. There may be a reduction in hours to come, but no loss of pay along with it. Please check with your employer directly if you have concerns about preforming the work at hand as the Union understands that they are accommodating those with concerns. The Union has instructed Chicopee to update all Custodians ASAP about any potential changes to the day to day.