This is the plan to start bringing the Union Employees back to work.
1) Effective Monday 4/ 13 / 20 WOC will will change everyone’s status from laid off to furloughed.
2) WOC will pay the employees health insurance consistent with the amount per month when the employee was laid off.
3) Employees will work a minimum of zero hours and a maximum of 12 hours per week.
They will be paid at the same rate as when they left WOC.
4) Employees will be able to work from home or office until the Governor lifts the band.
5) Employees will participate in telephone calls with consumers, residential providers , DDS Service Coordinators , WOC managers , consumers’ family members , ISP team members and employers.
6) Employees will remotely participate in ISP meetings, develop curriculum and do research on the internet to develop programs and community outings for future use. Also telephone calls for job development and checking in by phone with job sites if consumers currently working or not working due to COVID 19.
7) Employees will organize internet learning for consumers using Zoom, Google, Facebook and Face-time.
8) Employees will keep logs , data sheets and write progress notes.
At this time there are no new updates and workers are encouraged to continue filing for unemployment.
As per order of the Governor, all employees will be laid off at 12pm due to work is considered non-essential.
WOC – The Union worked with Bob and Mary to set the process for layoffs allowing employees to use any time they may have in lieu of layoffs or if they wish to apply for unemployment immediately if they wish. This is a partial lay off and some people are still working.