As of April 14, 2020 The U.F.C.W Local 1459 signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Springfield School Committee regarding the Springfield School Nurses temporary job assignments due to the COVID–19 pandemic. Here are some bullet points from the M.O.A that both parties have signed.
- Nurses will be responsible for answering questions regarding the COVID–19 pandemic
- Nurses will primarily be involved in contacting individuals who have tested positive for the COVID-19 or who came in contact with a person who has tested positive
- Nurses may also call physician’s office regarding patients
- Nurses will not have direct contact to patient while performing their temporary assignments
- The city will assign nurses in a fair and equitable manner
- Upon request and if available, nurses shall be provided with (P.P.E) while at work
The City and The Union mutually agree that all nurses assigned to work at the Emergency Operations Center or the HHS Department shall be covered by the terms of the existing collecting bargaining agreement.